By definition probate is the legal process for the transfer of assets - houses, cars, stocks, bonds, boats, etc. - from the deceased person's name to his or her estate so they can be sold or distributed to the heirs.
If you were appointed to be a personal representative (executor or administrator) of the estate of the deceased person, when you might be overwhelmed by following responsibilities:
- Completing an inventory of all of the deceased's possessions
- Determining what bills, taxes and other debts must be paid
- Maintaining the property while it is in probate
- Selling the real estate and personal property
- Setting the estate and paying all debts
If there is not enough cash in the estate and all bills keep coming in (medical and funeral expenses, credit cards payments, mortgage, taxes, etc.), you as personal representative might consider selling the real estate and personal property. In the state of Florida to do so You need to receive a Letters of Administration from a probate court. This is the official document signed by a judge, that authorizes you to proceed with the sale.
While waiting for the Letters of Administration to be issued we need to take our time and prepare the real property for sale. It most likely has been vacant for a while and before that, the person living there was often elderly. He or she most probably has not done many repairs or kept things up in recent years. In addition to that, there are might be some personal property that needs to be donated or sold. I work with professionals and can arrange and coordinate all necessary services:
- Clean-up and storage services;
- Personal property expert value evaluation
- Selling and donating personal property
As a Certified Probate Real Estate Specialist I can take the burden of dealing with legal and property issues surrounding inheritance and trusts.
I've completed an educational program focused on wills, estate settlements, conservatorship, legal and financial implications of wills and trusts.
Whether you plan to keep an inherited home or sell it to share the proceeds, I can help you with the title transfer or selling the property for the best possible price at the shortest period of time.
I can assist with:
- Performing detailed Real Property evaluation
- Preparing and submitting comparable market report to a personal representative in order to define a sale price and the best market strategy
- Determining ways to improve property condition in order to sell for a higher price
- Providing maximum market exposure to the property as a key to obtaining the best offer
- Providing the personal representative all up-to-date information about selling process
- Presenting to the personal representative all received offers
- Handling all paperwork for closing
Sometimes heirs urgently need money and can't wait for the probate process to be done and funds to be distributed. If this is the case, I can provide information how you can borrow from $5,000 to $250,000 against your inheritance in as little as 3 days.
Please feel free to contact me with any questions you might have!
Let me help and take the burden of dealing with legal and property issues in probate process!