Process of selling your house
Selling your house involves much more than just placing a "For Sale" sign in your yard and going to the closing. I am is here to help you prepare your home for sale, market your home, and guide you through the sale process to ensure you sell your house within your time frame and to ensure you get the best price possible.
I will determine the correct price range for your home, point out things you should do to make your house more appealing to buyers, and devise the most effective plan of action. Here are some of the steps I will take with you to sell your home:
- Go over the selling process (without the technical jargon);
- Perform a comparative market analysis;
- Determine the list and target prices;
- Market your property;
- Keep communication open;
- Present the purchase agreement;
- Negotiate the contract on your behalf;
- Represent you all the way through to a successful closing!
Factors That Affect Your House Sale
There are three main factors that determine how marketable your home is--price, financing, and time:
- Price - If your house is priced too high, you must be willing to wait much longer for the property to sell. Either it will take that much longer to find someone to pay more than the home is worth, or the market will eventually catch up to the asking price of the house through inflation.
- Financing - You may not realize it, but the financing of your buyer can have a tremendous impact on the success of selling your home. Try to offer very attractive financing options. Consider carrying the financing yourself at a below-market interest rate or preparing your house for government financing. This could open the door for many buyers that otherwise wouldn't even consider your home.
- Time - If your time frame is important then you must be willing to lower the price.
How Much Should You Ask for Your House?
Of course you want to get the full market value for your property. The first step to getting the best price is to determine the house's value. I can help you set an asking price by taking the following factors into consideration:
- Your house's value will depend on recent selling prices of comparable homes in your area. After reviewing the selling prices for such houses, the price is adjusted according to current market trends and values.
- Buyers look in the price range determined by their monthly payment ability and down payment. Buyers are often very knowledgeable in their price range and purchase by comparison. Unreasonable asking prices are an immediate turn-off.
- Inviting a potential buyer to make an offer shows that you are willing to bargain. But if your asking price is outrageous, the buyer's offer will most likely also be unreasonable.
- It's necessary to offer pricing, terms and conditions that are competitive in your market. This will help you sell faster and get the full market value.